Sunday, January 1, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 1

Hello, Blogworld! I return, again. I know what you're thinking - oh, she's said she's back to blogging before, but she never keeps up with it. And, while that has been the case in previous posts, I have found a new love that might keep me more faithful this time around. Pinterest. It's the absolute best thing since...blogs and Facebook. :) One idea I saw on Pinterest was starting in the new year and writing down something you're thankful for each day of the year - 365 things you are thankful for. I love the idea, as many days I get so bogged down with the grumbles and fast paced ways that encompass our lives these days. It's important that I remember, each and every day (which is a gift in and of itself), how blessed I am. So, that is my purpose in this (while also hopefully throwing in posts of just living life too). :) And, while I'd love to make a cute scrapbook and write out my thankfulness each day, being a teacher - it's just not possible. So, why not just keep record of them here to make nice and neat in the near future? Join me, in the journey of being thankful in 2012...

Day 1 -
Thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without my faith and the Lord, I'd have no other reasons or things for which to be thankful. I am so grateful for the blessings, health, love, and days of life He chooses to give me. I am thankful for the opportunity to worship, freely, and share my faith and live it out loud. Thank you, Lord, for saving me, giving me the experiences that grow me, the people who love me, and for choosing to love me despite my shortcomings. Always, always - first and foremost thankful for my faith and Jesus.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a good idea! :)