Day 8 -
Yesterday (day eight) was a lazy afternoon. It made me thankful for the simple things in life. My warm blanket, the couch I could relax on, and my laptop, tv, and iPhone to keep me busy. We take too many things for granted in life. Sometimes it's important to stop and be thankful for things that we use everyday, for things that so many other people do not have. I am so lucky to have a roof over my head, to have nice things, and things that truly are luxury (not necessities). Thank you, Lord, for a day to rest, relax, and enjoy the worldly things you have given me.
Day 9 -
The new year always seems to symbolize a fresh start, and that's just what I'm thankful for today. I'm thankful for a fresh start every morning, free of my sins from the previous day. I'm thankful for a fresh start in a new year, where opportunities seem endless. I'm thankful for a fresh start to make a better me, to work on new goals, and to just "erase" any sadness or frustration and focus on being happy. Each day we awaken in the Lord's presence is a new day, a wonderful day that He has made. This year, with my fresh start, I'm going to choose to work on me. I'm going to choose joy. I'm going to choose thankfulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment