Thursday, January 5, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Days 3, 4, and 5

Geez, I'm already a slacker. Had company one night and wasn't feeling so hot the other nights, but I'm catching up on my thankfulness now! :)

Day 3 -
So thankful for my wonderful parents. They are my rocks and some of my best friends. They have given me and taught me so much. I know, without a doubt, that I wouldn't who I am or where I am today without their love, guidance, and support. They go far and beyond their calls of duty as my mom and dad. I have had a great life because of them and achieved so many dreams because they have given me opportunities and things they didn't have growing up. I hope to be half the parent they have been to me. Thank you, Mom and Dad - for the words of wisdom, the listening ears, and love, the prayers, and opening up your house to Steve and me for this time in our lives. So grateful and would be lost without you both.

Day 4 -
Thankful for my teaching partner. She's an exceptional educator and has become an amazing friend. I'm so lucky that we have ended up in this school change together. She was recently out for a seminar, and the day just wasn't the same without her next door to me. I am so thankful to have a friend and colleague all in one. I'm grateful that she supports my ideas, my leadership qualities, and can always, always make me laugh. So thankful for my friend at school. :)

Day 5 -
Today, I'm thankful for the relationships I've made with the families of my past students. I have been blessed with some incredible families and students to work with. I am so thankful for the parents who rallied behind me in support of my lay-off last year, the support and kinds words they gave me, and for the ones who have continuously checked up on me into the summer and this school year. I am so grateful that I made a positive impact on their little ones' lives, and that they have become such great friends and support now. It's very rewarding, and I know God had them in my classroom for a reason. This week, alone, I have had 3 former parents email me wanting to know if we could meet up, that their child says they miss me, or thanking me for the role I played in their child's life in kindergarten. They thank me, but I'm the one who's truly thankful.

No comments: