Sunday, January 15, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 13, 14, and 15

Day 13 -
Can I be thankful for Friday again? :) Nahhh, although I am thankful for Fridays, today I am thankful for my sister! I have two wonderful sisters-in-law, but I got to see Sherri for a little bit this evening! She absolutely cracks me up. It's hard not to have a good time with Sherri. We always seem to find some kind of situation to get ourselves into. She really is my partner in crime. I love her to pieces and am so, so proud of who she is and how hard she works. She's incredibly talented, beautiful, and a true blessing to me. Thankful for the fact that I inherited two great sisters and for how close we are.
Day 14 -
Thankful for sweet friendships and wedding showers. Today, I helped host a bridal shower for a long time friend. We were best friends in middle school and high school, and even after going to different colleges - she was a friend where we picked right back up where we left off when we were home together. She's a great spiritual blessing and encouragement to me, as is her entire family too. I was so honored to help host her shower and to be a bridesmaid in her wedding next month. Her friendship is so important and special to me. I am so happy for her, and we just love her fiance too. Seeing someone getting ready to start their lives together is such a happy thing and reminds me to be so thankful for my own marriage too.
Day 15 -
Beyond thankful for my time at Zellars. That is where I started my teaching career - at the best school, with the best adminstrators, and the very best kindergarten team! I met four of the most amazing ladies and educators. They have become some of my closest friends, ones I can talk about anything with and ones I can talk to for hours. I know it was no mistake for me to start teaching there and to have these ladies in my life. We truly are the "Dream Team" or "Fab Five" as we call ourselves. We get along beautifully, help each other academically and in our own personal worlds, and share more laughter than we probably should. :) When I thank God for my friends, these four ladies are at the top of my list!

No comments: