Sunday, January 29, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Days 27, 28, and 29

Day 27 -
Thankful for a food splurge...I do love me some orange chicken from Panda Express. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures like a satisfying taste that can just really make your day.

Day 28 -
Thankful for laughter. Tonight, I went to see a Christian comedian and parody song writer with a group of friends for a bachelorette party. This guy was absolutely, 100% hilarious! It's a good night when your cheeks hurt from laughing so much. It was just what I needed. But, I was also reminded that God made laughter. It's an emotion and action we should take part in, as daily as possible, and enjoy. He made things to be funny, he made laughter to make us feel better, and to share good and happy things. God did make laughter, and it's okay to indulge in it. So, thank you, Lord for laughter. Sometimes it really is the best medicine.

Day 29 -
Thankful for girlfriends. With the bachelorette party this weekend, I was also reminded of how important it is to have good girlfriends in your life. Having friends of the same gender, who will encourage you, inspire you, and support you are so vital to living healthy and being social. I have a handful of girlfriend groups that I run with, but this was a group of girls where I'm making new friends and with girls I don't get to see very often. It's just good to be able to kick back, laugh, share girl stories, and talk openly about topics concerning women and our faith. It was a nice weekend, refreshing (as many girls weekends are), and I'm very thankful I got the opportunity to go, enjoy, and celebrate.

No comments: