Thursday, January 12, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 10, 11, and 12

Day 10 -
Thankful for just the right song on the radio. The weather had put me in quite the grumpy mood over the past couple of days. I have so much worry and stress on my mind. But, I listen to our Christian radio station here all day, every day. It was perfect on my way to school on Tuesday. Two songs came on back to back about giving it to God, and just letting go of all the things that drag us down. I don't have to be strong enough to handle everything on my own. I can have peace and just take one day at a time. The songs didn't promise a great day (and it was far from it that day), but it promised my problems would be taken care of. And that's just what happened. So thankful when God uses song and great words to fit right into your worries. :)

Day 11 -
Thankful for SUNSHINE! The weather this afternoon was perfect! It had been cloudy, steadily raining, and downright cold for the past three or four days. But, today the sun was shining like crazy and it warmed up to a nice 65 degrees this afternoon. Ahhhh, sunshine can just turn your whole mood around! Thankful for the happiness that the sun can bring!

Day 12 -
Thankful for my coat. Today it turned COLD again. It was just a miserable day, temperature and wind wise. I'd have about died without my coat, scarf, and gloves. It made me think how sad it is that there are people out there, in my own neighborhood who don't have warm clothes or a heavy coat to keep warm. A coat and scarf are such simple things, and while they didn't completely block the weather from me, it was a shelter...it helped. It's the simple things, I tell you. When you are forced to stop and find something to be thankful for each day, you find thanks in the simple things. Yup, thankful for my coat and the ability to have nice things to go with the crazy, changing Texas weather.

No comments: