Day 17 -
You know, some days there just isn't anything over the top that happens, nothing eventful (which is good), but also nothing that just stands out to make you say "THANKS." On days like that, like today, I'm reminded at how people say what if we woke up tomorrow with only what we thank God for today? So, on that note - I need to be thankful for the daily things I take for granted. I'll periodically pick these daily things to be thankful for. But, first - today, I'm thankful for my car. How often do we take our cars for granted? May not be the newest or the best, but it gets me from Point A to Point B, I like the way it drives, and it's mine. I'm thankful for my pretty safe driving record, the protection God gives me when I drive, and that it gives me shelter as I travel. So thankful that the Lord deems me responsible enough to own my own car, to take care of it, and to use it.
Day 18 -
Today was a rough day at school. There are times when I feel I'm just teaching to a wall, like no one is listening. I tell my students that I can teach them all day long, but there comes a point when they have to take my teaching and make a choice to learn it or not. Anyway - my mom sat down and gave me a lot of tips and pointers on how to fix some things in my classroom. So, today - once again, but for a new reason, I'm thankful for my mom. I'm thankful for her as the veteran, respected, and great teacher that she is. She takes on her own classroom, but never fails to take on the trials in my classroom too. I'm just so thankful for her experience, words of wisdom, and willingness to go above and beyond to share ideas with and help me. It really does help and makes me very grateful.
And, on a different note - my dear, sweet husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years today. Feels like longer on some days and and like it just happened on other days. So, every day, but especially on a day like today - thankful for my best friend and husband. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment