Sunday, April 15, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 103, 104, 105, and 106

Day 103 -
Thankful for just 15 minutes to close my eyes, and rest before having to go to an appointment after school. Ahhh, the joyous feeling of rejuvination.

Day 104 -
Thankful for sleep. So many times, you just feel run down and exhausted, emotionally drained, and not well rest. I've felt like that a lot over the past week or so. I've had a lot on my mind and am stressed out. Sleep just lets that all float away, though. I'm not saying I don't wake up thinking about it, immediately, but for just a few hours...I can let God take my mind to a peaceful place and feel rested, for at least a little while. I was so thankful Friday night to just go to bed and just let the Lord give me rest.

Day 105 -
Thankful that the Lord does know best. God has such a mysterious way of letting you face a difficult situation and then just making the decision for you. And, although, part of you feels you may have lost out on a great opportunity...you know the lack of having to make the decision on your part was all a God thing, and wasn't the right opportunity anyway. Oh, yes - so thankful God knows better than I do.

Day 106 -
Thankful for sweet reminders of the way to live my life on Sundays at church. Thankful for whoever wrote these great lyrics:
"What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms."

No comments: