Wednesday, February 29, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 59 and 60

Day 59 -
I have been giving thanks for special people in my life, on their birthday. What better time to be thankful for a certain person? Well, I sadly neglected a couple of those special people over the last couple of weeks. So, I backtrack to February 15th, and am very thankful for my aunt! She is my mom's younger sister, and she and I are very much alike. She's so special to me, I even have a special name for her. :) She is like a second mom and a big sister to me. I can go to her for advice, support, creative ideas, or just to talk. She makes me laugh, and I truly enjoy her company. I'd be a lost girl without her in my life. I'm so thankful for an aunt/niece relationship like this to have. She's the greatest.

Day 60 -
Today is Leap Day. So, today (since this only happens every 4 years), I'm thankful for an extra day of life. I'm thankful for an extra day to make a difference, spend quality time with my husband, impact my students, and relish in the gorgeous day the Lord gave us. Thank you, Lord, for an extra day to bless us and live in your presence. In about a week, I'll be even more thankful for this day when I'm only one day behind in lesson plans, cleaning, or who knows what, instead of two. :)

No comments: