Tuesday, February 14, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 45

Thankful for love. Yes, today is Valentine's Day...the day of love - to show it, celebrate it, and enjoy it. And, while I've never been the biggest fan of Valentine's Day, it's nice to have a day when everyone feels loving. It's nice to have a day set aside just to love. Love is such a powerful emotion. It is behind every action, in every high and low, between friends, family members, or that one special person. We love because God first loved us. Him sending His one and only son to die for our sins is the most extravagant example of loving - giving of yourself for someone else. I'm thankful I get to experience love in so many forms - with my amazing family, some incredible friends, sweet students, and my wonderful husband. My love for each of these people grows each day. I'm thankful I have so many people that love me. Those people's love and support gets me through the rougher times, and I love getting to show others how much I love them. I'm thankful I have found the one my heart loves. I'm thankful for love that never dies, love that grows each day, and new loves that will come along in the future. Yes, a good day to remember why we love and to show it others every day. Thank you, Lord, for sharing the strongest, most real (and raw) emotion with just us humans.

No comments: