Sunday, February 26, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 54, 55, 56, and 57

Day 54 -
Thankful for some yummy Whataburger. This sounds so lame, but I'm having a hard time remembering what happened Thursday that I could be thankful for. I do remember we had that for dinner, though, with Steve's family. It's one of my favorite "fast food" places to eat, so why not be thankful when you get to eat something you enjoy? We stopped there to grab a bite to eat on our way to the our hotel on our wedding night, so Whataburger will forever hold a little "special" place in my heart. So, yep - thankful for dinner at Whataburger.

Day 55-
Thankful for long drives with my husband. We had an out of town wedding that we were both in this weekend. So, we hit the road Friday morning for a drive of a little over 2 hours long. We have had some of our best conversations and shared some of our deepest dreams in the car together. (We've been driving places together since we were old enough to drive.) It was so nice to just drive, have no one else around, and to just talk and share quality time together. I've always looked forward to long drives, just my husband and me.

Day 56-
Thankful for weddings. Steve and I were both in a wedding of a very long, very true friend of our's. I love weddings, always have. Weddings are a time when I am reminded, in such a real way, of the journey and wedding adventure of my husband and me. Weddings always make me reflect on how much and the reasons why I love my husband. We were so grateful to be a part of this very special wedding. It was a great weekend for us to spend some time together and to be with some very special friends and people in our life. It was great to be reminded of our vows and the promise Steve and I have made to each other. Always thankful to be reminded of deep love.

Day 57-
Thankful for some exercise. We went and walked one of the trails at the lake this afternoon. Walking and talking with my husband and sister - it was the fastest 2.2 miles to walk. It just felt good to get out and and do my body some good!

No comments: