Wednesday, October 17, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, and 291

Day 285 -
Thankful that Steve and I share the same political views.  It's so nice that we have always agreed on the way things should be done and run.  It's a blessing that we share these views with our families as well.  There are so many couples in the world today who are split in their ideals and on so many issues.  I'm thankful the Lord has wired us the same way in regards to politics, religion, and other big ideas.

Day 286 -
Thankful that when I lost my job it was at a time when Steve and I didn't have a house payment, a child to take care of, or any big bills.  It happened at a time that (if there were a "good" time for that to happen) we could handle it.  I'm just thankful God knew it was better then than at another time.  He's always watching...

Day 287 -
Thankful that the Lord brought us home safely in 8 hours worth of pouring rain from Kansas.  Also thankful that my grandparents got home safely from Alaska.  Always thankful for safe traveling mercies!

Day 288 -
Thankful to have my grandparents home!  They are here for at least another six months.  :)  I am just thankful I have had the chance to live near my grandparents for most of my life.  I am thankful for the new opportunities my grandparents could have and being near them again.

Day 289 -
Thankful today is done.  The end.

Day 290 -
Thankful for my grandmother, Ninny.  The 16th was her birthday.  I am so glad she is in my life.  She's a driving force, a huge supporter, and likes to spoil me rotten.  I am so much like her in many, many ways.  Some of my best family memories are because of her hard work and dedication to having a happy family.  She is a fighter, fiesty, and loves to be in style.  (Hmm, sounds a lot like me, actually.)  I'm thankful for her guidance, her laughter, her hugs, and her love.  She's an amazing grandmother, and I hope to love my grandchildren just as much as she loves her own.  I'm very thankful to have her and learn from her.

Day 291 -
Thankful for one of my best friends, Amanda.  The 16th was her birthday too.  Amanda has been a best friend since we were freshmen in college.  She is an amazing friend, and she understands me in a way no one else does.  I'm thankful for her laughter, her ability to make me feel better, and that we can talk about virtually anything.  I'm so proud of her, her being a new, great mommy, and the amazing personality she has.  She is a true treasure to me, and I'm so happy we have remained such close friends despite growing up and living in different cities.  She helps me count my own blessings many days.  Truly thankful for her!

No comments: