Saturday, June 2, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 152, 153, and 154

Day 152 -
Thankful that SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 153 -
Thankful for God's will.  Last year, at this time, school was ending, and I had no job.  No classroom.  It felt like I had no future.  It's just funny how that's all completely different this year.  God had a plan, and I'm so grateful for Him revealing it to me little by little.  I had a group of kids I know I needed to be there for.  I have plans that could really do some good at the school where I am.  I'm closer to home, in a school district that is growing, and I have made some great friends.  It was a hard year, NO doubt, but I came out okay.  I survived it.  And, I'm beyond blessed and thankful that I ended up with a teaching job and that the end of this school year is miles away from how the last one ended. 

Day 154 -
Thankful for self control.  Went out shopping today, only bought was I was set out to find.  Boooy, it was hard.  I have LOTS of things I want to buy right now.  But, God gave me the discipline I needed to restrain.  He gives us free will, but always helps us when there's a certain side of that we need to lean on.  I'm thankful He's taught me the value of a dollar, via my parents, and is helping me to make sound decisions through His guidance.

No comments: