Tuesday, June 5, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 155, 156, and 157

Day 155 -
Thankful for graduations.  This afternoon, we went to my cousin's graduation party.  She just graduated from high school last Friday.  (So proud of her, by the way!)  It made me think how thankful I am for what graduation means and how I have had two successful graduations.  Graduation is a huge accomplishment, no matter what it's for.  It means you have achieved a great milestone and you're ready for a new chapter in life's journey.  It makes you proud, the people around you proud, and you usually get all set for whatever's coming next.  I'm so grateful the Lord saw me fit to graduate with honors from both high school and college.  I'm thankful He gave me life long enough to see both graduations, that both set me off for a new chapter of success, and that I really appreciated both ceremonies and all they meant.  I'm very thankful for the times in our lives when the Lord helps us close one door with lots of glory and carries us through a new one too.

Day 156 -
Thankful for water exercise class.  My water exercise class started again tonight.  It's the third time I've done it, and it's a lot of fun.  I'm just thankful I have some great people to get along with in the class and God gives me a form of exercise that I enjoy.  Here's to a fun and fit summer!

Day 157 -
Thankful for the chance for extra money this summer.  I am lined up to tutor four times a week this summer.  One student is a sweet boy from the class this previous year, and the other student is a boy who just finished kindergarten.  Yaaay!  It'll be nice to work with these kiddos one on one, make a little extra money for summer fun, and I pray the Lord will let us see lots of growth from these two boys.  Thank you, God, for any and all kinds of income!

No comments: