Monday, May 28, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, and 149

Day 142 -
Thankful Grandpa getting to go home!  Steve's grandfather was in the hospital over last weekend, and we are so thankful that he got to go home today (last Monday).  The Lord truly watched over him and his doctors, and I'm so glad He was able to build him stronger and give everyone peace and healing.

Day 143 -
Thankful for how God lets things work out.  We have a very exciting thing happening to us right now.  (More on that another day, I'm thinking.)  Just so grateful for how God is in control and knowing all things happen for a reason!  Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers!

Day 144 -
Thankful for God bringing His believers together.  There is a sweet little baby, from my home church, fighting off cancer right now.  And, man - has God brought His believers together to pray and expect a miracle for his precious baby and family.  I'm so thankful that God's word is true - when two or more gather, God is there, listening.  Miracles can happen.  And, things work out for the glorification of God.  Because of us all banding together, in the faithfulness of the Father, I know great things can happen.  So thankful for the testimony this can be for our God.

Day 145 -
Thankful for finding love everlasting.  I'm just so in love with my husband...now and forever.

Day 146 -
Thankful for a long weekend!  Even though school being out is right around the corner, it is so nice to go home on Friday, knowing I have an extra day to relax.

Day 147 -
Thankful for a weekend away with my sweet husband.  I got to go on one of Steve's charter flights with him.  It was so nice to just have time together, go on a movie date, and spend a night in together.  The Lord gives us what we need to revive us just when we need it most.

Day 148 -
Thankful for Steve's knowledge and talent.  I was beyond proud watching Steve preflight the airplane, speak to the air traffic controllers, and carry himself in a confident, professional manner while on his charter trip.  He did an outstanding job!  He takes his job so seriously, but has such a passion for it too.  He is a completely different guy when he's flying.  And, it's just so fun to watch him light up when he's the "captain."  I'm just so thankful that he found something he can enjoy and make a living from.  I'm so proud of him, and so thankful that God gave him such a vast knowledge and talent base.  I'm so thankful the Lord put him in this ministry field.

Day 149 -
Thankful for the men and women that have given their lives to fight for and defend this great country I am blessed enough to live in.  Today is Memorial Day, and it's so important to to be reminded of and think of those who are brave enough and strong enough to leave their families and save the lives of those they don't even know.  I'm so grateful God gives certain people that feeling to serve and that there are those who will fight for our freedoms and safety.  Thank you, Lord, for these heros.  Be with their families.

No comments: