Day 134 -
Thankful for moms. Isn't that what Mother's Day is all about? A day to be mindful and incredibly thankful for your mother...the person who gave you life and loves you no matter what? The card I gave my mom sums it up just perfect, "Somehow God knew I’d need a mom just like you. Some days it must’ve taken all your patience, faith, and sense of humor – but I hope I’ve been worth it. Thanks for loving me, Mom…no matter what. You’re God’s gift to me and a blessing in my life." My mom is one of my best friends. She's my supporter, giver of life, and constant companion, advice giver, listener, and sustainer. It's hard to put into words just how thankful I am for my momma. But, the good Lord did just that...good, when He gave me to her.
Day 135 -
Thankful for the ability to not flip out when something doesn't go my way. We got word on Monday night that a house we really thought we had our heart set on didn't work out. But, I don't think I even cried a tear. At first we were pretty upset about it, so Steve and I just vented about it. And by the end of the night, we just laughed about it. The whole thing was so weird anyway, you couldn't help but laugh. I'm just so grateful that the Lord is showing me patience and trust. There is no reason to flip out - I was still healthy, happy, and had a roof over my head. This would not have been my reaction even just a couple of years ago, so I really am thankful He's growing me.
Day 136 -
Thankful for my constant income. A couple of weeks ago, I had a friend tell me how lucky we are that I have a constant source of income from my job. Steve's income fluctuates based on the weather and flight needs, but mine is the same month after month. So, I am so incredibly blessed by that. Thank you, Lord, for the sustenance and security that is. Thank you for the chance to have a job where I can have steady income, support my family, and still just live. Sometimes we don't realize the every day situations we encounter are what we should be most thankful for.
Day 137 -
Thankful for new opportunities. When God closes one door, He opens a window somewhere else. Did we find THE house tonight?!
Day 138 -
Thankful for second chances. In life, God doesn't have to give us new opportunities or second chances. But, boy am I thankful when He does. Whether it's with a relationship, a job, or to just remind yourself about something, second chances are worth taking. Just taking a second look at a situation can completely change your perspective and outlook. Thank you, Lord, for giving us a second look tonight. Help us to feel at peace with a decision that will glorify You.
Day 139 -
Thankful Sherri made it home safely! My sister had been in Tennessee for a training for work. I'm so glad she was safe while she was there and her flight got her home safely too. I'm glad the situation was better than she expected. Always, always thankful for safe travels.
Day 140 -
Thankful for good news from doctors. Steve's grandpa has been back in the hospital with some heart and breathing problems since his chemo therapy stopped. I have been so worried, but the Lord continues to let the news be better than a worse case scenario. I'm thankful that God has His healing power over Grandpa and is watching over him. I'm so thankful the doctors continue to think they can treat his problems and he can go home soon. Prayer is so powerful. Thankful and hoping for more good news to come.
Day 141 -
Thankful for Christian friends. It was so much fun to spend time with some married friends that live out of town, today. I'm just so thankful we have another Christian couple to spend time with and have fun with. That family just blesses Steve and me. They are amazing people, and I know we are all in each other's lives for a reason. Christian couples and friends are just such great people to lean on, have fellowship with, and pray for. We love the Hofmanns and Davis'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment