Sunday, March 25, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 83, 84, and 85

Day 83 -
Thankful for getting to visit my past. Thankful for good memories. Thankful for going to a place that still feels like "home." I went to visit my first campus, where I started my teaching career today. It was as if I'd still be there all this school year. It was SO great to see everyone, from teachers to students to even one of my favorite parents! I was just so grateful for the opportunity to visit and feel so loved and supported. I'm thankful for that place - where I started a rock solid teaching foundation, came out with some amazing friends, worked with awesome families, and a place where I can go back to when life just seems a little crazy. I can't wait to go back again soon!

Day 84 -
Thankful for my baby brother. Today was my brother, Evan's, 20th birthday! I can't believe he's 20! Even though I was only 5 years old when he was born, there are so many memories of that day that I can see so vividly. I'm just so proud of Evan and who he has become. I'm so proud of how our relationship has grown and strengthened over the past 20 years too. He's a great kid, who adds so much joy and laughter to our family. He has so many talents and skills, and I know God is going to do great things in his life. I'm so grateful to share my blood, my parents, and so many memories and years with my "brudder." I can't wait to see how he continues to grow!

Day 85 -
Thankful for spring. Spring is in full swing here in Texas...everything from rain to absolutely gorgeous sunshine and warm temperatures. Flowers are blooming, insects and birds are coming out, and I can comfortably wear capris, flip flops, and short sleeves. I love the weather that spring brings. I love the newness...the fresh starts, the rebirth, the green that comes with the changing season, that so many things are ending, but it's the beginning of so much too. Just seems like a happy time. It's one of my favorite seasons, and I'm thankful it's finally here!

No comments: