Day 302 -
Thankful for seeing my husband's past. Last Sunday we enjoyed a fun family lunch at my in-laws, like most Sundays. This particular lunch was full of laughter from watching a Christmas video from when Steve was 4 years old. He was one of the most precious kids I've ever seen. It was so fun to see my second family before I was a part of it. It was fun to see my husband as a child and get a glimpse of how our own children might celebrate the holidays in the future. I'm thankful to see into parts of his life I wasn't around for.
Day 303 -
Thankful for Grandma and Grandpa Libick. Steve's other grandparents are one of the sweetest couples I've ever seen, having been married for over 60 years. They have taken me in as another granddaughter, and I'm so thankful for their love for me. I always enjoy visiting them. I'm grateful for the lessons and love they have for Steve and the family they have started, loved, and grown. They are very special people, and I'm blessed to be a member of their family.
Day 304 -
Thankful for my Aunt Elaine. Her birthday was back in July, but it slipped my mind to do a thankful post on her. She is my mom's older sister, and I see a lot of my "older sister" happenings in her too. She's a great aunt, different in many ways from my other aunts though. I have enjoyed getting to know her better as I've gotten older. I'm thankful for her guiding ways to my mom, her quilting talents, and her breast cancer surviving. She's a strong woman!
Day 305 -
Thankful for Halloween alternatives. So much of this holiday has turned into scary, non-Christian celebrations. I'm thankful that so many have come up with safe and family friendly alternatives. Church carnivals, fun parties, or just family traditions of pumpkin carving and a movie are all ways to celebrate fall and a little candy. I'm thankful to have these ideals instilled in me for my future family's Halloween celebrating.
Day 306 -
Thankful for well behaved children on Halloween AND the day after!
Day 307 -
Thankful for the ability to communicate with my students. I have a special student who needs a lot of TLC from some past family situations. A new novel we were starting might have been just enough to really send her into melt-down mode. But, after talking with her about the novel and letting her process everything, I think we'll be just fine. I'm thankful that God has given me the care and compassion for these children and that I can communicate with them on their level.
Day 308 -
Thankful for Steve's roommate and our best man, Paul. He is a great friend to Steve and good for a laugh to all! I was so happy when Steve invited him over for dinner as he was passing through town on Thursday night. I'm thankful for his friendship to Steve and his guidance to him as well.
Day 309 -
Thankful to have had a successful trip to Canton. Yay for getting some great pieces for our house!
Day 310 -
Thankful for the freedom to vote. With election night being less than 24 hours away, I am grateful for my chance to cast my ballot last week for the presidential election. I'm thankful that my voice can be heard and that my vote can count. It gives me the right to tell my concerns, to stand for my morals, and do my civic duty. I'm thankful for the right to take a part in such a vital part of our American history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment