Steve and I got into Houston Thursday evening. I was there early and ready to embark on whatever I could do to help out on Friday. We got some relaxation time by getting our nails done Friday morning, and then, Amanda and I went back to her house and got to work! We cut out maps, made extra programs, phone calls, place cards, and I tried my best to keep her calm. :) The wedding eve was spent at the rehearsal and yummy/fun rehearsal dinner!
Saturday, we hit the ground running at about 7:00 am. First, we were off to get our hair and make up done. We then drove to the church (in the pouring down rain, might I add), got dressed, made last minute preparations, took pictures, and kept Amanda breathing. :) I was almost just as nervous as her to walk down the aisle! But, when the clock struck 2:00, and we proceeded down the aisle, it all became so fun and so surreal. As I walked myself down to the alter, I couldn't help but smile at Steve and imagine my daddy walking me down to meet him in just 3 short months from that very day. And, as soon as Amanda started down - I became overjoyed in happiness for her! It was all we could do, as bridesmaids, to keep from crying as she walked down. She looked gorgeous! It was a very pretty ceremony, and the event we'd been talking about and planning for 13 months was finally taking place! The job got done...Amanda and Eric left the church as husband and wife!
The reception was a blast! Good food and cake, a full dance floor, laughing, and realizing that our roles would be reversed so soon for Steve and my's wedding! It was so much fun getting out there on the dance floor with Steve and Ryann. It was so nice to see it all come together for Amanda...and to see her and Eric so happy and in love!
It rained nearly all day Friday and Saturday, but Amanda was such a trooper and didn't let it bother her at all! It was a beautiful wedding!
Steve, Ryann, and I packed up Sunday morning and headed home...but not without a weekend full of great memories and such a happy feeling for my newest married friend!

No comments:
Post a Comment