As often as I am reminded that God's timing is perfect, not mine...I tend to always forget that until he slams it in my face again. For instance, I didn't know until Steve finally popped the question that THAT was the right time for us to get engaged...not when I had wanted it months before. His timing of down to the exact time of day and place of getting engaged was perfect, not to mention having Steve make it even more special by proposing on the same date on which we are to be married now. God knew how it all needed to work out. He had perfect timing in our relationship.
Now, I find myself in a situation, where yet again, I am longing for something, and God is responding with a resounding, "Wait." I hate that word. I'm not a patient person, at all. I hate waiting in line, waiting for a movie to start, waiting on food, waiting during commericals, waiting at all. I just don't like it. And, I'm pretty sure God's just cracking up, laughing at me. I'm sure He is thinking, "Oh, Heather...if you only knew, child." But, that's what I want...I want to KNOW! I want to know where I'm going to work, why the job I so desperately wanted got slipped out from under me not once, but twice. (I got my interview back at the school where I did my student teaching, only to not get the job...much to many people and teachers' surprise.) And, as tired as I am of hearing people tell me that it will be okay, everything happens for a reason, and God will provide...it's the same stuff I keep telling myself. It's the same information I've learned about and believed in my whole life. Why should it fail me now? Thing is...it won't, it isn't. Today, I have been sad, frustrated, discouraged, and down right pissed at times. But, tomorrow, I must get up and be over it. This is some kind of a test from above, and I cannot and will not fail it. I press onward, becoming stronger (somewhere along the line) because I can and my friends and family are behind me. It's all in God's timing...not mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear ya girl! I'm just feeling the warmth of the Lord in me... knowing that His plan is better than anything I could predict.
Post a Comment