Saturday, April 25, 2009

Earth

Last night I went to see Disney's new movie "Earth." I have not quite figured out how to get a video from online and put it here, but here is a link to the movie's trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qicARYcTe6w

This movie was amazing! I promise, you won't have see anything like it before. It takes you through one year on our earth, following a variety of kinds of animals - how they migrate, live, hunt, survive, and so much more. The shots of the land, water, and sky were breath-taking, at times. I just sat there, watching, not being able to wrap my mind around how one God can make so many various types of landforms and animals, all working together on the same planet. There really is a circle of life. And, the hardships that these animals go through happen every year; as humans, we do not always make it easier for them either. I found myself wondering, "How does a bird fly? How can a baby whale swim thousands of miles at a time? Why do these animals hunt the way they do?" We really are blessed to live in a place where natural beauties can be brought to life. It made me stop and remember that everything God made is precious in His eyes. From every blade of grass, to every snow topped mountain peak; from every ant, to every polar bear. Our earth is a true gift. Go see this movie...you'll walk out of the theatre wanting to travel, wanting a pet baby polar bear or baby elephant, and having a better understanding of how we all evolve together.

No comments: