Saturday, April 11, 2009
The Final 100
Today is (officially) 98 days until the wedding day! So, on Thursday, we hit the 100 day mark, and yesterday was our first day to encounter double digits in the countdown. What a milestone that felt like! We'd been waiting for that 100 day mark to come around for about a month now! I can't believe we are 14 weeks from the wedding. Looking back, it has flown by and dragged by, all at the same time. Steve and I laughed last night at how long ago it seemed that we were only 100 days into our engagement and the countdown still read at 265 days. We've come a long way. We have so much planned. We've learned so much about each other and grown closer. When we first got engaged, it was the most wonderful feeling in the world! I still think back to it when I'm daydreaming and relive it in my mind over and over; I still get giddy and so happy. I relive that feeling whenever I see someone new has gotten engaged. And, I have loved the process...having a fiance, people asking me about the wedding, and doing all the (fun) preparations for it. But, I think now that we are, approaching - if not already in - the final home stretch...I am tired of being engaged. We both are. We want to be MARRIED! We are ready for it all...no more good-byes, together more than on the weekends, coming home to each other, everything. We are ready for it all! It gets harder and harder to say good-bye, knowing we're so close to what we've worked so hard for. But, it is coming...it will be here before we know it! We are going to enjoy these last 98 days of being engaged, as much as we can. We are focused on the prize at the end of this race: together forever. Where else could we want to be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment