Sunday, April 5, 2009

Interviews, Life, and a Bachelorette Weekend

Soooo, whenever I have good stuff to update on here, I never do. I wait until it all accumulates, and then I end up with a super long post. I will do my best to give you a brief update!

The week after spring break, I had my first real job interview! It was for a school here, in Denton. It went really well, a good first interview. And, I was glad to get my feet wet in the "interview pool." There were 3 parts to the interview process at this school: initial interview w/ principal, teach an actual lesson to a class, interview w/ grade level team the principal thinks I'd be most suited for. I have gotten thru the teaching a lesson part...I taught a lesson on adjectives to a 3rd grade class. One of the most nerve-racking experiences of my life! They said I did a good job and it'd be a couple of weeks before I heard about a grade level interview, so we'll see! I also had my screening interview w/ Lewisville ISD and passed that. Principals and I are now allowed to contact each other. I ask you to please be prayerful with me about getting a job and it being where the Lord thinks I need to be to do the best job and reach the best children.

Subbing has been moderate lately, not too busy, but not too slow either. It's okay, though, because on my days off, I have been looking at the small stuff for the wedding: favors, gifts, beverage napkins, garters, unity candles, etc. I could go on forever!

I was in Austin this weekend for Amanda's bachelorette party! I had a lot of fun. We took a boat out on Lake Travis, hung out in the hotel, and went out on 6th Street for a bit. It was fun to get to know some of the other bridesmaids better, spend time with my Amanda, and get dressed up! I can't believe she's going to be a WIFE in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait to go to Houston week after next and start the wedding festivities!

I'm trying really hard not to stress (and clench my teeth at night because of it...my TMJ has been acting up a bit). But, planning a wedding and searching for a job wouldn't put anyone's mind on overload, right? ;-)

No comments: