Sunday, December 2, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, and 337

Day 331 -
Thankful for Steve's and my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  These are very important members of our family.  They are each a part of so many laughs, memories, and playful times.  Aunts and uncles give you support and are role models, unlike parents...and also give you built in playmates.  I know we both love our's and each other's aunts, uncles, and cousins very much.  Thankful for all they teach us and our close relationships with each.

Day 332 -
Thankful that my students loved and are loving their unwrap a Christmas book a day activity we are doing at school.  I love the power a book can bring to a kid.

Day 333 -
Thankful for chances to, unexpectedly, make my husband happpy.

Day 334 -
Thankful for tv with DVR.  So lucky that if we have something going on or can't watch a show, we can simply record it to watch whenever we can.  Our DVR is a great "go to" on nights Steve's not home or when they're is nothing worth watching on live tv.  Seems so frivilous, but why not be thankful for even the simplest forms of luxury that we have?

Day 335 -
Thankful for an amazing week and a step in the right direction for a special student of mine.  I know she needs me, and I hope I'm there for her until the end.

Day 336 -
Thankful for my amazing mother-in-law.  December 1st was her birthday.  She is a great mother to my husband, and a great second mother to me.  She has a loving heart, loves to give, and is more talented than she gives herself credit for.  Her wise ways, specific skills and methods, and love for her family are all things I admire about her.  I know how great she is because of how much Steve loves her.  So thankful, for many reasons, for her presence in our life.

Day 337 -
Thankful for a successful (and hilarious) Christmas shopping outing with my sister!

No comments: