Monday, December 31, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, and 365

Day 359 -
Thankful for Christmas Eve traditions.  The way we do things on Christmas Eve have been around for as long as I can remember.  These are the things that make our family get togethers so memorable and special.  I'm thankful for the gathering of my family on this day...and on Christmas day too.  The traditions and laughs are what make it so much fun to look forward to each year.  Thankful these ideals have stayed with my family for so long and to be able to share them with my family in the future.

Day 360 -
Thankful for Christmas.  Thankful for the birth of our Savior.  Thankful for the ultimate gift from God.  What a beautiful day and a beautiful story.  A baby sent to save us all.  A king born in the simplest of ways.  Thank you, Lord, for your son.  Thank you for the reminder every year on this day of your unconditional love for us.  Truly, the most wonderful time of the year.

Day 361 -
Thankful for snow days.  We got a big surprise this year with a white Christmas.  So, what better to do when there is snow outside on a cold day?  Clean, organize the new gifts, and snuggle with the husband while listening to his new worship cd!  Bliss.

Day 362 -
Thankful for nurses!  With Daddy's recent knee replacement surgery, Mom (and all of us) have been chipping in on chores we've never done before.  Daddy has had to have someone take care of him!  Man, there are just special people that choose to work while taking care of others and in some really yucky ways too.  Thankful for these doctors and nurses who don't mind doing these jobs and caring for everyone they come in contact with.

Day 363 -
Thankful for a new addition to our family.  Steve and I got a kitten!  She's precious and seems to be a fabulous fit for our little family.  I was so excited to save this baby.  I hope she loves our home and becomes a true member of our family.  Thankful for how animals and pets can give so much to their owners.

Day 364 -
Thankful for a great Christmas with Steve's family.  We were blessed to not have to split our time this year for the holidays, so we got a full Christmas at each family's house.  It's been a long time since we were all at the Libick's house for an extended period of time.  Everyone was full of laughs and good times, so it was a great memory made.  Thankful we had the chance to do this and that we got full time with both families this year.

Day 365 -
Thankful for this journey of thankfulness during 2012.  There were days when I didn't think I had much to be thankful for, but the Lord blessed me with seeing the good in each and every day this year.  It taught me to dig deep, look for the simplest of blessings, and that my life is good.  I learned to find positive things in bad situations.  I learned to be thankful for things that didn't even happen to me.  I'm thankful and proud that I stuck with this commitment.  I know I will be able to look back on this and feel the blessings of the Lord...some I may not even know yet.  I know that God gave me this opportunity to bring me closer to Him and see His hand in every aspect of my life and those I know.  Thank you, Lord, for helping me be thankful. 

No comments: