Sunday, September 9, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 249, 250, 251, 252, and 253

Day 249 -
Thankful for my college roommate and best friend, Ryann.  Her birthday was back on August 21st, and I never did a "thank" post on her.  She was my constant in college.  She can make me laugh, make me cry, and make me see things in different lights.  I'm thankful for her intelligence and all she's helped me learn, her uncanny sense of humor and how it impacts me, and her ability to always be there for me and get me in a way no one else can.  She was an amazing roommate and an even greater friend.  I'm thankful for her organization, creativity, and knowledge she brings into my life.  I'm very blessed to call her my friend!

Day 250 -
Thankful that I feel on my toes with certain things this school year.  I'm prepping already to find some interventions to help one of my struggling students.  And, nothing is more gratifying than to hear my counselor tell me I'm doing exactly what I need to be doing!

Day 251 -
Thankful I passed my technology competencies!  I had to partake in a series of technology lessons and artifacts for being a new teacher in my school district.  I knocked them out this summer, with many hours and frustrating moments put into them.  But, I found out on Friday that I passed them, and now they are DONE!  :)  Thankful I'm finished with those!

Day 252 -
Thankful for my time at Texas A&M University.  The first football game of the season was Saturday, and it made me long for my college days.  I'm so thankful to have attended such a special place for college.  My memories and friends I made there are so fresh and sweet to me.  I'm so thankful for the traditions and unity I found there and how they carry on.  Also, pretty thankful for, despite the loss, they came out and played hard in their first SEC football game.

Day 253 -
Well, as my husband tells me I should be - I am thankful that despite the FANTASTIC weather we had this weekend (highs in the 80s), he stayed home tonight so I wouldn't be by myself.  He didn't even mention fishing.  I am grateful that he thought of me before himself, even on a low key night at home.  Great way to end a pretty good weekend!

No comments: