Week of thankfulness - Alaska edition!
Day 182 (Saturday, June 30th) -
Thankful for God's nature and beauty. No place other than Alaska can make you appreciate and understand the beauty of the creation by our Lord. His nature and scenic views are a gift He leaves for us each and everyday. I am so thankful for the beauty He gives us in nature. It gave me a feeling and grasp on things I've never felt before. Just amazing how every mountain seemed perfectly placed, every flower perfectly bloomed, and every cloud just at the right spot in the sky.
Day 183 -
Thankful for a break in the hot, Texas, summer weather. The temperatures in Alaska were in the high 50s most of the time we were there. It was so nice to get away, have some refreshing air and weather, and breathe deep. It was a welcome break from the hot, stuffy weather at home.
Day 184 -
Thankful for the chance to travel. Visiting Alaska was a dream I never knew if would come true or not. I am just so thankful for the chance to visit that place and the opportunities to travel anywhere - within the state, the country, and the world. I'm thankful for the chances we have to travel freely, enjoy the vacations and memories with those I love, and see new things that the Lord has created. I hope the Lord continues to bless us with travels.
Day 185 -
Thankful for my grandpa's laugh. I'm thankful for any time of laughter with my family, but Poppy's laugh just lights and fills up any room. His laugh is contagious. It warmed my heart everytime I heard him laughing and having a good time. His laughter lets me know he's around and happy. It was a great sound and feeling all week.
Day 186 -
Thankful for freedom and liberty. This day was the 4th of July. Independence Day. I'm so thankful for the freedom and independence of my country. I'm thankful for all that have made it possible. I'm thankful for the chance to be an independent woman, work, have my own family and home. Our country is the richest, most liberated nation in the world. How can you not be thankful for the opportunities we're given, the freedoms we have to voice our opinions and pick our leaders, and the security we have? Thank you, Lord, for America. Let us glorify You.
Day 187 -
Thankful for new adventures. On Thursday, we went on a train ride. I've traveled by several means before, but never by train. This was a great day and experience. I had so much fun, riding along, seeing the nature, and enjoying the time. Always thankful for new and exciting adventures.
Day 188 -
Thankful for my mom. July 6th was Mom's birthday. So incredibly thankful for my mom. She's my friend, advice giver, listener, shopping buddy, and always takes care of me. She's a great mom and woman. I'm so thankful for the Lord blessing her with more years of life and for giving me to her. I wish her many more years of life and happiness!
Day 189 -
Thankful for my home. Ahhh, there is no place like home. As much fun as our Alaskan adventure was, it was so nice to be home with familiar surroundings and back to those that we missed. It was nice to come to our OWN home this time and have time with just my husband and me. Never been so thankful for my own bed. :)
Day 190 -
Thankful for wildlife and animals. One of the days in Alaska, we visited a wildlife center. We saw animals some people will never see in a lifetime. I was so thankful for that opportunity. Each animals has a certain purpose on earth, and God made them all, just like us. It was an honor to see and interact with these animals. They were all orphaned or injured, so I'm thankful they had a safe home too. These animals exhibited beauty, helpfulness to nature, and so much personality. I just became very aware and thankful for the wildlife and animals (both wild and domestic) that God has given us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment