Our vacation started out great! Steve and I left for Houston on the first Saturday to visit the Granhaugs! We hadn't seen Amanda and Eric since December, and it was so nice to reunite with good friends. We were escorted to the Houston rodeo, where we listened to some Blake Shelton and ate yummy carnival food. On Sunday, Amanda and I had lunch with my old roommate, Valerie. It was SO good to catch up with her! We did a little shopping, while the boys went to the shooting range, and then Amanda had a bunco party at her house with teacher friends. FUN game - I need to find some ladies to play with! We really enjoyed our weekend and headed home on Monday.
Once back in town, we took Monday afternoon and night easy. On Tuesday, I had a doctor's appointment, got a pedicure with my mom, did some spring cleaning, and had dinner with our good friends Janelle and Michael at Babe's. It was nice to catch up with them and eat some of the best comfort food around!
Wednesday was Sherri's day off, so we took full advantage of that! It was a beautiful day, so Steve took the boat out to the lake to make sure it was geared up for fishing season. Sherri and I hit up the Allen outlets - had to see the new Coach stock! We ended up in Frisco, eating lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (oh my word - YUM!) and browsing through Barnes and Noble. We spent the last couple of hours of our afternoon driving through new housing developments just east of Denton, trying to cure (but only making worse) my house fever. Steve and I ended up eating dinner with the family and then came home to start on our new work out routine.
Thursday was shopping day with Mom! We went back to the Allen outlets...I got a couple of new tops, jeans, sandals, and a dress - all for school or just the spring/summer season coming up. It was a nice day out with Mom. Steve and I went back to his parents' house that evening to make a new dinner dish we really love and share it with the rest of the family.
Friday was a lazy morning, followed by a trip to the grocery store. After a short nap and relaxing afternoon, Steve and I went to Lewisville for me to do a little shopping with Ryann. Steve ran some errands, and then we all met back up for dinner at Abuelo's. (See - more good eating!) We came home and ended the evening with a movie night, that was long over-due.
Saturday was another lazy morning, but while Steve had to go help his dad install a new sink and paint a bathroom, I went shopping with his mom and Sherri. (I had to get my NEW MOON movie!) I hung out with Sherri at the house for the rest of the night - ust in time to see it SNOW! Yes, on our last day of spring break - it snowed! It was beautiful, but I'm ready for the spring weather to stay around.
Sunday was church, lunch at the Libicks' house, and relaxing at home - like normal. :)
Great break...ready for summer - and, now, just getting through the week back in reality.

No comments:
Post a Comment