Sunday, March 15, 2009

Engagement Pictures

Steve and I had scheduled our engagement pictures for today a couple of weeks ago. I had been watching this crazy warm/cold/rainy/dry weather for the past 10 days, wondering (and worrying) about if we were going to get the pictures in today or not. So, after much deliberation yesterday, we decided to go ahead and keep our session appointment for today. I was letting go and letting God handle the weather and situation. (Go, me!) It was still cloudy and quite chilly this morning, but God came through with the sun shining and the temperature warming up just enough to be comfortable. I was very excited to finally get these pictures taken, since it's so hard to get Steve home!

We had such a fun time taking them. Our photographer is awesome...young and just fun to be around. We took some pictures on the square in downtown Denton, went over to TWU to get some shots, and then went to a more secluded spot of the railroad tracks in town. Our photographer told us she liked to shoot there because there was a lesser chance of a cop to show up, since you're not supposed to be ON railroad tracks. I laughed and told her about Sherri getting pulled over by a police officer the night we got engaged and how even though we were good people, we seemed to attract officers. :) Annnnd, yeah - you guessed it...not 5 minutes after we started shooting some pictures on the tracks, I look up and see a police car driving down the road. She kept right on shooting, but the cop did pull over and get out. He said he was going to ask us what we were doing, but figured it out as soon as he stopped. We played dumb, like we didn't know you couldn't be there. Surprisingly, he let us stay as long as we promised to be done in 10 minutes or so. He congratulated Steve and me and went on his way. We all had terror in our eyes and thought our hearts were going to leap out of our chest. So, that location was cut short...but we did get some cute pictures from the tracks. Talk about some craziness that Steve and I have had surrounding wedding events since July! :)

1 comment:

valerie said...

let me know when your pics can be viewed! im excited to see them!