Wow. What a week! Last week was slllllllllllow going on subbing. Two days was all I worked, so needless to say, I got extremely bored. Tuesday was the TAKS test, and I did sub that day...it just wears you out to be in a school on TAKS day. So, since, I had some additional time on my hands, I called my grandmother on Thursday to see if we could go and start looking at stuff for her to make my veil. Well, we ended up purchasing my veil that day!! (Kinda a long story, but it's beautiful! Totally completes my dress...made it look so much more real!) So, that was exciting.
The weekend was sorta slow too. I had a bridal shower to go to Saturday morning, and then I saw Ryann that afternoon. But, no Steve...which always seems to make the weekend a little longer. On Sunday, I got quite the surprise email, though. It was from a principal in Denton asking me if I'd be interested in coming in for an interview for a teaching position for next school year! So, I have myself my very first "big girl" job interview the week after spring break. I am so excited...and soooooooooo nervous! I'm glad I have a week to mentally prepare! Connections are being made; I'm feeling more confident about (hopefully) getting some offers soon. My own classroom...ahhhh, finally, my dream come true.
Subbing everyday this week. Dad had shoulder surgery today, so life is a little hectic right now. He is doing fine...just groggy and sore. He should bounce back soon, though. It's just always weird when a parent is down with illness or surgery. I am practically counting the hours until spring break...sooooo ready! 18 Saturdays left between now and July 18th, so we have lots on our wedding list to accomplish!
In times like this, I long for my fiance. I believe Michael Buble says my thoughts best:
"And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times,
it's you, it's you. You make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment