"You never leave your partner behind, especially in a fire."
I went to Durant yesterday to visit Steve for the day, since I won't see him due to being in Houston. Last Sunday, we had seen the trailer to the movie "Fireproof" at church, and they were going to be showing it yesterday evening for all who wanted to attend. I had been wanting to see the movie anyway, since I had heard good things about it, but since Steve was working this weekend, we obviously weren't going to be able to go see it. So, I rented it and took it to Durant with me.
This was an amazing movie! We both completely enjoyed it. It will make you want to tell your spouse/fiance/boyfriend or girlfriend that you love them over and over again after you see it. It was not only based on real world situations and circumstances, but based on real Biblical truths as well. There is one scene when the main character is asking his father how he can continue to show his wife love when she continuously rejects him. His father responds by saying that that is exactly what we do to God. He loves us and shows us that daily, but we continue to reject him and try to live life our own way. We cannot truly love another until we love the Lord and let him show us what love really is. It was such a true and simple fact, but one that made me think. I think everyone is guilty of this and needing to be reminded of it from time to time. I feel very lucky that Steve and I both love the Lord and are open to him showing us that and how to love each other better each and every day.
This movie was just a good reminder that marriages and relationships will go through tough times. Just because something is fireproof doesn't mean it will never endure a fire...just that it should withstand the flames and come out okay on the other side.
It's one of those movies that is okay to watch again...it makes you feel good at the end and reminds you of great truths throughout those 2 hours that will make you want to love your special someone. Watch it! :)
"Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aw,we want to see that, sounds like yall enjoyed it! i like your background :) i used to have it!
Post a Comment