Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 in Review

We are only six days in 2009, but the days and events of 2008 have very much brought me to the things that have kept me busy this first week of the new year.

January: I begin my methods semester (and last semester) in College Station.

February: I receive my promise ring from Steve (not the biggest event of the year, but hey - February is a short month).

March: I traveled to Virginia Beach with the Libick family to visit Steve's grandparents over spring break.

April: Complete my methods semester and all class work as an undergrad.
May: Move back to Denton.

June: Summer begins...I tutor kids...a lot.
July: On the 18th, I get engaged to the most wonderful man alive! This was, by far, the biggest highlight of the year!

August: Wrap up summer, plan for the wedding, and begin student teaching with 22 precious 3rd graders in Flower Mound.


September - November: Do nothing other than student teach (with a little wedding planning thrown in the mix) and have my 22nd birthday.
December: I graduated from Texas A&M, heard President George W. Bush speak at commencement, enjoyed the Christmas season, and hit the wedding planning hard!

2008 was a great year...I had many milestones, such as my proposal and graduation. I am so excited for 2009 to be here, though! This is the year I get MARRIED! Steve graduates, too...and I (should) get hired on with a school district for the fall. A year of many new adventures to come. A year to grow in relationships, face challenges, have a lot of excitement and change, and grow closer to the Lord, as I will need his strength with each of these events and situations.

May 2009 bring as much prospective joy to you as it is to my loved ones and me.

1 comment:

valerie said...

hey little miss! i did not know you had a blog!! now i can keep up better with your life ;) i hope you are doing well. you are missed!