Friday, December 26, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

It's been forever and a day since I updated this thing, and I see more and more people beginning to blog. So, I will try my best to catch you up on life.

Since August, I have started and completed my student teaching experience with 22 of the best 3rd graders and one amazing mentor teacher. I did my student teaching in Lewisville ISD, at Donald Elementary, in Flower Mound. Though, I wasn't thrilled about the 50 minute, one way commute five days a week - it was so worth it. I learned more than I thought I would. I became very attached to my class and miss them so much. I would definitely accept and offered position at that school.

About two weeks ago, I GRADUATED from Texas A&M! It was hard to believe that 3 1/2 years could go by so quickly, but they sure did! It was a great weekend, full of family, friends, and great memories from my time in College Station. President George W. Bush gave our commencement speech on Friday morning. George H.W. Bush (fondly known as Grandpa George to Ryann and me) and Barbara were also there. It was GREAT! He did a fantastic job speaking, and it was hard to believe I was listening to the real president of the United States talk! It was very surreal to walk across that stage in my cap and gown, knowing how hard I had worked to achieve that accomplishment.
We quickly turned from graduation excitement into full time, last minute Christmas mode! Christmas time is one of my most favorite times of the year. The songs, the Christmas tree and lights, picking the right presents for people, the food, the cold air, and an extra special reminder of Christ's love for me all make this, truly, the most wonderful time of the year. With Thanksgiving falling late this year, it seemed like Christmas absolutely flew by. It was enjoyable, as always. Seeing friends and family, exchanging gifts, and reading the Bible about the ultimate gift God has given us. It was a great Christmas, in so many ways.

Now, there is one week left until public school starts again. (So long, my month long winter break.) Wedding planning HAS to pick up! My dress should be in any day. Steve and I have a mile long list of things to start looking at and finalize. We are 29 weeks away from the big day, and with student teaching, Steve never being home, graduation, and Christmas...the wedding has taken a back seat lately. But, we are on the ball again! Check out: www.mywedding.com/steveandheather09 for the wedding updates!

That's all for now...a very brief run down of my last few months. I am going to try and stay on top of this blog in the new year, as even more exciting things continue to happen! :)

No comments: