So, today was a very interesting sermon in church. He preached on Psalm 104, all about nature and the things God has created. I had never heard a sermon like that before, as the pastor said - he'd never preached a sermon on nature before. He said he was tired of knowing that the Lord created all of the things outside that we see on a daily basis and not getting the credit He deserved. It made a lot of sense to me. I had never really thought about it like that before. God created water, the sky, mountains, grass, bugs, trees, birds, the sun, moon, stars, the food we eat (which so much of it comes from nature), and so much more. All of these things, I just stare at every single day of my life, and I never stop to even realize that the same God who sent is son to cover my sins carefully crafted every aspect of this world and its nature. That sunset didn't just appear...the Lord put those colors in the sky together, in that specific array because He can and wanted to give me that gift. I should truly give God the credit for everything I see in nature, every day. It is a gift from Him. Every bug, bird, star, sunset, rain drop, mountain top...everything. It was such an interesting perspective that I received this morning. In the craziness of this world and my life, it's nice to be reminded that the small things in life can be so rewarding and important. God did not only give me the most wonderful man to marry or an amazing family...He also gave me sunshine in the morning and a cool breeze at night. The earth is God's baby...he cares for it deeply.
Everytime I think about nature and how God's hand is in it, this song comes to mind:
"Lord of all creation,
Of water, earth, and sky.
The heavens are Your tabernacle.
Glory to the Lord on High.
God of wonders, beyond our galaxy,
You are holy, holy.
The universe declares Your majesty,
You are holy, holy."
My goal is to, every morning, on my way to school, thank the Lord for the sun, rain, or whatever in nature I see that is from Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment