Monday, August 27, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, and 240

Day 235 -
Thankful for a work day in my classroom.  So nice to have a day given to me, specifically to get things done.  Grateful that my district believes in giving teachers time to prepare.

Day 236 -
Thankful for my new students.  I met a new group of kiddos tonight, at Meet the Teacher night.  I have a little girl in my class that I'm pretty sure I'm meant to teach.  I'm thankful for the possibility of what I can do and be in her life and all their lives.  Thank you, Lord, for a new group of students.

Day 237 -
Thankful for team bonding.  There are some changes on my teaching team this year, but they are great changes.  We are getting along and bonding like never before.  I'm so thankful for the chance for our team to be close and supportive.  Thankful for my team and each of those ladies, as we all bring our own personalities and strengths to our hallway.

Day 238 -
Thankful for pedicures.  So relaxing and nice, clean feet.  Hey...it's the truth!  :)

Day 239 -
Thankful for when my husband puts me to sleep.  I love the when he strokes my hair, rubs my back, and helps relax me for bed.  Nothing sweeter than him "tucking me in."  I'm very thankful for the nights he's home.

Day 240 -
Thankful for a good first day of school.  It went smoothly, looks like I have a good class, and I'm excited about the new year.  Thankful for the promise and excitement a new year brings.  Can't ask for anything better than surviving day one.

No comments: