Monday, August 6, 2012

365 Days of Thanks - Day 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, and 219

Day 214 -
Thankful for the chance to visit my best friend and her new baby!!!  I finally got to meet this precious baby boy.  He sure knew how to melt my heart.  I am always grateful for the chance to visit with my far away friend, but meeting her son made it even more special.  I can talk to her about anything, and we always have lots of laughs together.  So thankful for a job where I had the chance to take a few days and visit.  And thankful for meeting Baby G!

Day 215 -
Thankful for finding some school clothes.  Whew...at least I got a dress for Meet the Teacher night.  Such a pain to find school clothes, but I'll take whatever items I can find at the time.

Day 216 -
Thankful for the Lord's strength.  Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, and He is showing my family that right now.  I'm thankful I have family members strong enough to rely on His faith in the tough times.  His guidance and timing are always perfect.  Thankful and proud of you, S!

Day 217 -
Thankful for a great birthday party for my dad!  We had a great turn out for Dad's party Saturday night.  I'm so thankful we have so many family and friends who love us enough to celebrate.  Thankful for each person there, as they have all had a role of some kind in my life.

Day 218 -
Thankful for my daddy.  He turned the big 5-0 yesterday.  I'm so grateful the Lord has given him a half century of life and pray for 50 more years for him.  I'm thankful for all the lessons my dad has taught me, the tough love, the good times.  He is an amazing dad, and he has taught me never to settle when I can go farther.  I'm thankful for him raising me in a Christian home, sharing so many values with me, and always loving me...no matter what.  Yes, very thankful my daddy coached me in softball, walked me down the aisle on my wedding day, and can have deep conversations with me or give advice when I need it.  Happy birthday, Daddy!  I love you and am very thankful for you!

Day 219 -
Thankful I got back into my classroom today.  So happy to get in there, get organized, and get back into my groove!

No comments: