Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hello, August; So Long, Sweet Summer...

Can you believe it's August 1st?! It's totally crazy that the summer is pretty much over. While I do have two more weeks until my contract back at school officially starts, I have new teacher/new employee training this week, since I was hired late last year and missed all of that training. Kind of a bum deal since I've already been exposed to and trained on some of the various topics, but I am just so thankful to have a job - a job where I love my school and team - that I'll go to my trainings with a big smile on my face. :) The next week, I'll need to be setting up my classroom for my new group of kinder babies since I'll be in training for this whole week. And, then on the 16th, we are back to the grind of reality. The kids will be running down the hallways bright and early on the 23rd. I am glad to get back to a routine, meet my new class, and see how big my kiddos from last year have grown!

It feels like an eternity since school let out - things seem so distant, but MAN! Did this summer ever FLY by! I definitely did the shopping, movie watching, book reading, and relaxing I had planned on. In addition to all that, we celebrated many birthdays, had a great first wedding anniversary, had an amazing trip to Virginia Beach, and did our fair share of swimming at Mom and Dad's new pool. :) A great summer, to say the least. Ohhhhh, I wiill miss parts of you, summer. The late nights, sleeping past 5:30 am, being out in the sunshine, and the extra time with friends and family. I'll see you again in 10 months!

And, on a side note - look at these cute little things I found for my hallway bulletin board to ring in the new school year. So me, don't you think? :)

No comments: