So, I realized I never blogged on how Steve and I celebrated our great first year of marriage. So, here we go...
Saturday night, we spent the evening together, and it was very low key. We ate dinner at Whataburger (where we ate on our way to the hotel on our wedding night, so it was fitting). We came back home to just cuddle up next to each other with a movie. Before we settled in for the night, though - Steve had a small (early) surprise for me. He had put together a slideshow of pictures of EVERYTHING we had done and shared together in our first year of marriage. It contained everything from the actual wedding to our first holidays together, from date nights to even pictures of me setting up my first classroom. It was INCREDIBLY SWEET and was a great reminder at how much we had gone through, conquered, and how much fun we are having being married, along with how our love has grown. He even put music with it. It was really thoughtful.
Sunday morning (our actual anniversary), we went to church and then went to lunch at Texas de Brazil. (This place was grrrreat! It's got a HUGE salad bar with about 50 choices of stuff to get, and then the servers bring out huge skewers of meat, and you choose which meat you want. It's continuous until you tell them to stop. And, of course - dessert was divine!) When we got home from lunch, we exchanged gifts (new watches for each other) and watched our wedding video. It was so nice reliving the best day of our lives. So many special moments that flew by or we had forgotten. What a special ceremony and FUN reception we had. We laughed and cried. :) I was set to go to the Michael Buble concert that night, so I did that while Steve went fishing. When we got home, we exchanged cards and ate our top layer of wedding cake. Steve had the first year anniversary Precious Moment figurine sitting on our wedding cake as another surprise when I got home. How did the cake taste? Not too bad, but we didn't eat the whole tier. :) We ended the night enjoying each other's company.
It was a simple, but GREAT way to celebrate our first year of marriage. It was a wonderful day, wrapping up a wonderful year. My husband is amazing, and I am just so lucky.

No comments:
Post a Comment