Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm a very bad...

...blogger. I'm just sad that I haven't updated this in over a month! And, it sure hasn't been because nothing has been going on! Maybe it's because soooooo much has been going on; blogging just hasn't been the first thought on my mind.

Life is moving right along. Steve and I have been married for almost 3 months! And, we're still loving (and adjusting to) married life! Sherri is still at Disney World, and we have tickets to go see her right inbetween Christmas and New Year's! We miss her so much and can't wait for her to come home! Annnnnd, the big news?! I got a job!!!! Twice! Haha - about two weeks into the school year, I got hired as an inclusion aide in Aubrey ISD. I was helping out in the special education room, doing some co-teaching, and then going into general classrooms as a supplemental aide. Eight days into that job, I got a call for an interview for a kindergarten position in another nearby district. Less than 3 hours after the interview, they were calling me and offering me to be their new kindergarten teacher! So, I worked nine days in Aubrey, "resigned," and spent a week setting up my very own classroom...finally!!! I've been with my kiddos for 11 days, and I do love it. My team is amazing, my school is great, and my kids are sweet (and very much 5 year olds)! I still don't know why I had to search so long and so hard for this position, but all I need to know and all I do know is that God is faithful and providing. And, I learned so much by looking for a job. Steve and I feel to be in a much better place, all around, right now. :) I will post pictures of my classroom soon!

Off for now - have to get ready for the day with Mom, but I promise I'll post again much sooner than last time!

No comments: