Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Teaching to a Wall
That is exactly what I felt like I did today. I felt like I was teaching to a classroom full of 14 bricks today. Don't get me wrong - I love my job, love my co-workers, and love my kiddos. But, today, I came home feeling defeated. I feel like I don't even know if my kids are learning anything. I have parent conferences next week. I literally don't know what "positive comment" I'll start one of my conferences out with about one particular kid. My kids just didn't reach my expectations today. I have high, but not unrealistic expectations. I want to mold my little babies into intelligent, respectful students. I have a set of parents who don't really seem too concerned about their child, the notes I send home, or the fact that I'm going to break the news to them next week that their kid is one of the lowest in my class. Yes, today, I just felt defeated by school. Teaching can really kick your butt sometimes. Mom says it's okay to have days like this, so I won't dwell on it too much. And, tomorrow - I must find something to laugh about and know it'll be a better day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment