I just went back and read an old blog entry from December, talking about graduation, student teaching, Christmas, and wedding planning. I stated that we had 29 weeks until the big day. Tomorrow - we will have been married for one month, already! Wow - how time does fly! There are times when I can't believe that I'm a wife or that student teaching was already a year ago...or that I've been a college graduate for almost a year! It reminds me to be more reflective and cherish all the experiences that I have.
I, then, went back and read an entry from August. I had just gotten engaged, was well on my way to being a certified teacher, and couldn't wait to start student teaching. I went on about what a good spot I was at in my life at that time. It's interesting to compare that to my life this August. Married - which is WONDERFUL, but knowing that making ends meet is tough right now, having my new sister move to Florida (yaaaaaaaay, Sherri!), having my husband get in a car accident (PRAISE GOD for him being totally okay), and the biggest upset is that I'm still job hunting. But, you know - that doesn't mean I'm in a bad spot in life right now. I don't feel that way at all. I feel that I'm being stretched, told to wait, and growing in ways I didn't think I could. But, despite the hard things we may be going thru...I am still trying my utmost hardest to glorify God, give praise and thanks, and just continue living life as though things are fine. Because, things are moving along - just not completely the way I want them to. And, I've come to realize - my plans are obviously nothing compared to God's. So, as I reflect back on this time one year ago, I see that I'm still in a good spot...and my spot can only get better. And, the older I become, the faster time flies, so the best thing I can do is count my blessings daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:) Love and miss yoU!
amen girl!!
love you~
Post a Comment