Sunday, August 2, 2009

Becoming a Libick

It is very sad that I have not updated my blog in pushing a month. Sorry to all you devoted readers out there! As you can see, my last post was 8 days before my wedding. I have practically been going non stop since then! Allow me to briefly update you on life, and I will post more detailed entries about the honeymoon and new married life soon!

The week of the wedding was insane! We had family coming into town practically everyday that week, were finishing center pieces, chair bows, spending time with family, moving into the apartment, celebrating a birthday, and making sure everything was set and ready to go! Festivities went into full swing at 8:00 am Friday morning. I helped my wonderful sisters-in-law take everything to The Downtowner, as they completely transformed my reception site FOR me! It was BEAUTIFUL and stress free for me! While the Libick family was giving me a wedding wonderland, Amanda, Ryann, Mom, and I were getting pampered at the nail salon, followed by yummy lunch at Panera. We then all split our separate ways, and I continued to gather things up for the rehearsal and wedding and caught a few minutes alone with Steve.

The rehearsal went very well. My coordinator knew what to do and made it stress free for me! I think everyone followed directions great and had fun. The rehearsal dinner was GREAT - good food, good conversation with friends and family, lots of laughter, and lots of love. We gave our wedding party their gifts, watched the amazing slideshow our videographer put together of Steve and I growing up, and Steve and I shared our last moments together as each other's fiance.

Saturday morning started early! The girls started getting hair done at 7:30 am. Everyone's hair and makeup looked fantastic! It was a lot of fun seeing everyone dressed up and fancy for a special occasion! The church was completely decorated and looked AMAZING when we got there at 1:30 pm. Photographers and the guys got there about 2:00...we started getting ready, getting pictures, and preparing for the big moment! I don't think the ceremony could have gone any better! It was magical...beautiful...so special. The music, flowers, attire, decorations, guests, minister - EVERYTHING was perfect. It came together better than I ever imagined. I managed to get thru the entire ceremony without completely ruining my makeup. ;-) A little teary-eyed while walking down the aisle and family prayer...and I don't think the smile ever left my face. Steve and I became husband and wife, tied together forever. It was the best moment and day of my life. A lot of love, a lot of worship, and even some laughs thanks to our groomsmen and a fake wedding ring. :) We finished up pictures after the ceremony and headed to the reception.

The reception was incredible! More fun than Steve and I ever thought we'd have! My new family did an absolute AMAZING job at decorating it! I almost cried. The food was good, our DJ rocked that dance floor, and people's faces in the pictures are absolutely priceless. Everyone is smiling in those pictures! Our cakes turned out so awesome, the MOH and best man toasts were heart felt, and we even got our grandparents out on the dance floor! Steve and I didn't stop all night, between visiting with guests and dancing the night away with our niece and flower girl, Kayla. It was simply incredible. I can't help but break into a huge grin when I look at the pictures and think back to that night.

Steve and I left the reception, went back to my house to change clothes, and headed off to our week in paradise. It was the best wedding, so fitting to our personalities and life styles. More than I ever thought! All the issues, planning, hard times throughout the planning, and great times throughout the planning just floated away. It all came together and was beautiful. I became the wife to the man I always have and always will love. :) :) :)

I am so thankful for my new family. Steve's parents are about the best in-laws you could ask for. They are just a second set of parents to me. I finally (legally) have the sisters I've always wanted...Janice and Sherri are so supportive and have always shown and told me they love me. I have a "big brother," now...and Clabe does look out for me like a good big brother should. I know he's always there for me when I really need him. And, Kayla is officially my sweet, little niece now. I've been "Aunt Heather" from day one, but now it's for real! I have taken on the greatest new set of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. This wedding and marriage has blessed me in so many ways, in ways I'm sure have yet to be seen. I am so happy to be Mrs. Heather Libick!

No comments: