Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bridal Showers

I have been slacking on my updates and promised to post about my bridal showers about 3 or so weeks ago, so I thought I would now.

My first bridal shower was on May 31st. It was for my family and close family friends. We had a GREAT turn out. My hostess was the mother of the ring bearer, and she truly out did herself with the cake, food, and set up. I had a WONDERFUL time! One of the most exciting parts was that Amanda and Valerie (two of my best college friends) both drove in from out of town just for my shower! It was an incredibly nice gesture of them. It had been WAY too long since I'd seen them, and I appreciated their presence more than they know. We all answered a quiz on what it takes to be a good wife, had cake, and I opened my presents. Steve and I got some amazing stuff at that shower! It was a very memorable time in this wedding process and the first time all my bridesmaids were together. :)

















My second shower was on June 14th. This one was hosted by ladies from my home church. They did a wonderful job of setting things up, having another pretty (and yummy) cake, and making me feel like the center of attention. It was a lot of fun, and I was so thankful for my future in laws and Ryann to be there. Steve and I got some other really great items to add to our first home together!
My last, and most recent, shower was my lingerie shower on June 24th. One of my bridesmaids, Ryann, did a GREAT job hosting this shower for me. It was a lot of fun! I got a huge surprise for this shower, as Amanda came into town without me knowing for the shower! It was so great to have her here. The party was small and cozy. We played some great games about how well my guests knew me and how well I know my groom. I got some great gifts, some real cute stuff. It was a good time of girl talk and just having a good time! I was so happy with it all!
























My last big party event is this Wednesday, when my bridesmaids and I hang out all day for my "Bachelorette Party!" So excited...the wedding's almost here! :)

No comments: