This 4th of July weekend flew by so fast!
Saturday was a pretty typical July 4th. I ran some errands with Steve in the early afternoon, and then we went out to the house of a guy my dad works with. (He and his wife actually own the place where we are having the wedding reception, and his daughter cuts my hair, so we have gotten to be pretty good friends with the family.) Steve got to know him too, when he worked for my dad last summer, so it was good times all around. We played pool volleyball (girls against guys...I'll give you one guess as to who won) and just enjoyed being outside. Steve and I left after about 3 hours so that we could have dinner with his family. After dinner, we went with his family to UNT to watch the Denton fireworks show. *Boom, ka-pow, pop*...patriotic music...pretty colors...lots of people. In other words, it was your typical fireworks show.
On Sunday, we left our house at 6:10 am to drive to East Texas to play "musical furniture." We moved furniture out of my great-grandmother's house, into my great aunt's house, into my grandparents' house, onto a trailer, and everywhere in between. The only benefits Steve and I got out of this day was that a good majority of the furniture that made it back to Denton is going in our apartment...like a couch, rocking chair, and we got a couple of pieces that will be great for when we have more room and a house! It was good family bonding time, though, right? :)
So, that was our weekend. Whoo! Monday was Mom's birthday, so we concluded our crazy busy weekend by taking her out for birthday dinner and starting our second session of our water aerobic class.
By the way...I get married in TEN days. Wow...I'll have some words on that soon! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment